This was so good and perfect for the first week of fall. I really like the nutty flavor to Barilla’s whole grain pasta. The original inspiration recipe behind this is probably much better but I was really happy with my results! My co-worker kept telling me each day how tasty my lunch looked.
This was very easy to make and it makes a lot! You could easily get 8 servings out of this recipe. I calculated the PPV based on 6 servings to be safe.
- ⦁ 1 box (dry) Barilla® whole grain penne pasta
- ⦁ 1 (12-ounce) jar Mt Olive® Roasted Red Peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- ⦁ 1 (6-ounce) jar Basil Pesto
- ⦁ 1 cup fancy shredded low moisture, part skim Mozzarella Cheese
- ⦁ 1 handful fresh Arugula for each serving
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water al dente, according to package instructions. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water to stop the pasta from over cooking.
- In a large serving bowl, toss pasta, pesto, peppers and cheese. I make my meals in advance for the week. I top each serving with the arugula and mix at meal time. I refrigerate the pasta in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Weight Watcher® Disclaimer: I calculate nutritional facts and PointsPlus Values for all my recipes for informational purposes only. This is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval of any of my recipes by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the WEIGHT WATCHERS and Points Plus trademarks.
Recipe by MyHealthyVegas. Please do not post or reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
My Recipe Inspiration: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/5-ingredient-pasta-salad/ This is really a great website with lots of wonderful recipes.