I saw this recipe on Twitter after it was posted by Lisa Lillien @HungryGirl. These are so yummy, moist and pretty guilt free. I adapted the recipe to eliminate the glaze on the top. I always use Devil’s Food, but I wish I could find a sugar free version in my area.
I found this cool little pan on Amazon.com. I spray it with Butter Pam Cooking Spray. After mixing the ingredients I carefully spoon in the mixture.
If you use the HG’s tip for pipping in the mixture they might not come out as lumpy as mine do. Sometimes the holes are not perfect but they still taste amazing.
- 1¼ cups Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food cake mix
- ½ cup canned LIbby's 100% pure pumpkin
- ¼ cup Egg Beaters
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 6-cavity standard donut pan with nonstick spray. I use Pam Butter Spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin, and egg substitute. Add ¼ cup water, and mix until completely smooth and uniform. Evenly distribute batter into the rings of the donut pan, and smooth out the tops.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out mostly clean, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and set on cooling rack.