These are perfect for my elderly mom to enjoy for lunch. I pair one slider with some fresh fruit and she has a great little meal. The original recipe in the notes section is the best by far but I needed to make it lower in fat and adapt it to ingredients available in my area. I would like to know what it would taste like with variations on the sesame seeds (toasted, black, white)
Mix tuna, mayonnaise, Sriracha, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, and pepper in a bowl; serve on Hawaiian rolls with sliced cucumber.
*Cucumber Slices– I thinly slice up one cucumber and then put them in the fridge in water and white wine vinegar. They make great snacks.
- 1 2.6 oz packet of Starkist® low sodium, chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 1 tbsp. lite or olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha hot sauce (adjust to your sensitivity to heat)
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. white sesame seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Hawaiian rolls, for serving
- 2-4 thinly sliced cucumber slices*, for serving
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise, Sriracha, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, and pepper in a bowl; serve on Hawaiian rolls with sliced cucumber.
- *Cucumber Slices-- I thinly slice up one cucumber and then put them in the fridge in water and white wine vinegar. They make great snacks.
Recipe by MyHealthyVegas. Please do not post or reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
My Recipe Inspiration: http://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/sushi-bar-tuna-sandwich. I adapted the recipe above to suit my tastes and availability of ingredients in my area.