A friend of mine told me how she makes ceviche for her husband each week. She says he is wimpy because he prefers cooked shrimp in his ceviche. I am with him on that one! For making this at home I use frozen cooked, shelled and deveined shrimp.
For the record, I do love fresh ceviche made from ‘just caught on the boat today’ ingredients prepared by the always handsome on board chef.
- • 24 medium cooked shrimps, coarsely chopped
- • ¼ cup diced red onion
- • 1 diced tomato with seeds removed
- • ½ hot house cucumber, peeled and diced
- • ¼ cup finely diced cilantro
- • 1 finely diced, seeded jalapeno pepper
- • ¼ cup of lime juice
- • ⅛ tsp Kosher salt
- • ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Combine first six ingredients in a bowl.
- Drizzle lime juice over mixture and stir well to combine lime juice.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over mixture and stir.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 mins.